FrostArt Logo FrostArt Fabric

31 July 2022

Reflecting on work and life habits


After the longest gap between posting for the blog, this might be the beginning of regular writing. Reflective practice, not just doing admin.

Part of the process is seeing older work and maybe recycling it, maybe renewing it, sometimes removing it althogether.

This summer has been the busiest for over a year. Meeting more people and travelling further than I have for over three years, the process of going back to 'normality' was very interesting. I think choices need to be made, not always habits returned to.

Completing commissions, delivering commissions, and training sessions face to face feels much more challenging than when it was a 'normal' habit.

Considerations include how to choose priorities, Who, where and what to work with.

I made the choice of limiting the number and frequency of willow workshops, this enables me to spend time in the workshop refining my own making practice. The advantage for students is that they benefit from my more considered approach to making, using better-selected materials and more precise techniques.