FrostArt Logo FrostArt Fabric

13 October 2011

Continuing the process

This week I have found it harder to relate to visitors and have been more involved with my work process. Something changes  in my approach while I do this work, in my mind stitching and drawing feel more similar. Sometimes it is the same hand action.
I have related with those who come in and want to get involved with the work, drawing themselves and each other and understanding the relationship between a personal and communal action.
Donations of blankets from some, offers of paper and carbon paper from others all help sustain the project.

Five weeks have gone very fast, only one more left before this version of Fair Trade: Material Matters is taken down and takes on another form. Many new portraits to scan and stitch, new relationships and networks to develop.