FrostArt Logo FrostArt Fabric

21 December 2007

Sketches and plans

I have been sketching a series of forms related to lanterns, 'Weaving a Walk' linked to beacon churches and lighthouses. Trying out various willow forms - which means I have used it much more than in the previous three or four years. I find there are shocks about the lack of control and skill, as well as finding I have memories of making and adapting previous structures. The greatest challenge is going to be making a structure in willow as large as it needs to be, while still being an elegant form.
I will be modelling the form many times before I am satisfied with it.


The largest lantern forms will be places to hold about six people at one time to share stories and experiences of their physical and spiritual adventures. To discuss awareness of the environment and the non-human inhabitants who share it, their influence or otherwise over the lives and decisions